Here are some things you might like to know, based on the area around Milton Keynes. Things may be different where you are.
- Most crematoriums are limiting services to around 10 people who have to be close family. The seating is arranged so that a distance of 2m is between each person.
- To protect their staff, funeral directors are no longer providing cars to drive the family to a funeral.
- The coffin is carried in, with the bearers leaving before anyone else enters the chapel.
- Some crematoriums are discouraging singing hymns.
- Most crematoriums are asking that the curtains be closed and that no-one goes up to the coffin to touch it once it is in place.
For many families this means that the service is not the true celebration of life that they would have liked and so they are planning to hold a Memorial Service or Celebration of Life, later on in the summer.
If you live in the Milton Keynes, Bedford, Northampton, Wellingborough area and would like to ask about a service, or would like a sympathetic celebrant, please get in touch via the web site heartandsoulcelebrant.co.uk